Sunday, March 13, 2011

From Skiing to Sunshine!

Hello!
I hope you are enjoying the sunshine here in Indiana. If you are not in Indiana, I hope you had a lovely weekend wherever you are.

We have went from freezing, cold snowy days to warmer, sunny days here. We went snow skiing back in February and wasn't sure if we were going to get home due to a snow storm that blew in on our return. Then, today, Jack and Matt went on a bike ride to the neighborhood playground! What a difference 3 weeks makes.

We had so much fun on our ski trip. Henry spent the weekend with Mamaw and Papaw Glunt while Jack, Matt and I went with the Ortman's to Michigan to ski. It was a long trip (15 minutes into the car ride Jack starts in with, 'How much longer?') to Crystal Mountain. Saturday Jack and Parks went to an all day ski class, Marty and I explored some of the small towns around, and the rest of the gang took to the slopes! We had such a nice time visiting with each other, enjoying the snow, and watching the cousins play. Look for the pictures at the end of this post.

We also have registered Jack for Kindergarten! Where does time go? He is so excited for Kindergarten. We often drive by the elementary where he will attend and he gets excited and says, 'That's the school I get to go to next year!' He will be 'graduating' from Pre-School this May. I know he is going to miss all his friends there. Most of them will go to Hamilton Southeastern. He does have one pre-school friend that lives in the neighborhood next to us, so I hope they get to be in the same class in Kindergarten!

Henry is growing like a weed. He is just so darn cute. He has learned 'Itsy Bitsy Spider' and loves to sing and dance. Elmo is a big favorite and he can name most of the Sesame Street characters. We have been going to the library every week so that Jack can get Easy Reader books and Henry gets Elmo videos! He also is learning body parts and animal names and sounds.

Matt and I are doing well. Matt's work has finally calmed down a little after a long period of stress. I am keeping busy with a weekly bible study and coordinating the huge garage sale that we hold to raise money for our childcare. Jack is still struggling at night with sleep, so operating on less sleep has it's moments. I'll apologize in advance if I forget something or repeat myself! :)

Enjoy the spring-like weather this week. We are going to try to attend the Indy St. Patrick's Day parade on Thursday. I hope the weather cooperates!

Skiing at Crystal Mountain

Winter Fun

Henry singing 'itsy bitsy spider'

More 'itsy bitsy spider' and 'patacake'

No comments: