Thursday, February 11, 2010

Winter fun!

Warning: Long post below!!

We are enjoying the snow here and Jack has been having fun sledding and playing in the snow with his neighbor friend, Isaiah. The schools have had some snow days and that has made for some long days cooped up in the house with a 12 week old and a 4 week old!

Jack has been doing better with his night-terrors. We think the secret to quelling them is to take him to the bathroom as soon as he starts crying. We are now struggling with him getting up very early, around 5:30am!! We've started a sticker chart and Jack has been doing pretty well staying in his room until 7:00 am and has enjoyed his 'rewards' of going to the McDonald's playplace!

Henry is growing, growing, growing! He is changing every day. I love all the new things he can do, but am very sad at how fast he is growing! We don't have another doctor's appointment until March (4 months), but I stepped on the scale with him and he was around 16 lbs! He has been sleeping very well at night (which is a relief!) and gives us about 5-6 hour stretches. Twice he's given us 7-8 hours! I hope those become more frequent. :) He is starting to laugh, smiles all the time, and is beginning to recognize his hands. I will often catch him cross-eyed looking at his hands. He is starting to reach out and bat at his toys, too.

We have some fun things coming up in the next few weeks. We get to watch Uncle Allen coach his JV team next week. Then in 2 weekends we are going skiing in Michigan with Matt's family! Parks and Jack are going to take ski lessons for the first time. Henry and I will stay cozy and warm by the fireplace! We are also going to be going to the Great Wolf Lodge with Matt's family next month, as well. We get to celebrate our nephew, CJ's, dedication and then Henry will be dedicated at our church. I'm sure I will have plenty of pictures and video to share!

We also have 2 new babies in our family!! My cousin, Sheila, had a baby boy on February 2nd. His name is Logan James. Then Matt's cousin, JB and his wife, Julie, had a little girl on February 10th. Her name is Kennedy Patricia. We are so excited to meet them! We are patiently waiting for the arrival of my cousin, Erica's, baby and Matt's cousins, Danielle and Lindsay's, babies too!! Babies, babies, everywhere!! :)

Enjoy the pictures and videos!

Henry 10-12 weeks:


Jack Sledding:



Video of Henry Laughing


Jack reading a story to Henry:



Video of Jack Sledding:

No comments: