Thursday, January 14, 2010

Long days, even longer nights

We have been having some interesting nights around here! Last Thursday we decided it was time for Jack's pacifier to 'break'. I snipped the tip of it off and then let him find out it was 'broken'. At first he tried to suck on it, but then declared it 'broken', and promptly threw it in the trash! We were shocked with that response and hoped that it meant he was ready to be without it. Nope! While going to bed was a lot easier than I thought it would be, waking up multiple times in the night is where we felt the 'loss' of paci the most. Jack was unable to soothe himself back to sleep without it, which meant tears and sleepless periods. Between Henry's normal waking in the night and Jack's paci troubles, there wasn't much sleep around here for the past week.

BUT, last night, 6 nights later.... Jack slept all night without waking up! Of course he was awake at 5:30am, but at least he had a full night's sleep. I also had a pretty good stretch of sleep, since Matt stayed up late with Henry and I went to bed a bit early. Here's to hoping we all get a bit more shut-eye in the near future!

Henry is 8 weeks old now and doing great! He had his 2 month well visit and now weighs 14 lbs. 5 oz. and is 22 3/4 inches long! The doctor was very impressed with his neck strength and how he likes to 'stand' on his feet. He had to get 3 shots today, which made him very fussy. That is not like him at all, so we are having a long afternoon. He's content in his swing right now. :)

The next big adventure in the works is a family ski trip with Matt's family. I think we are planning on going to Crystal Mountain in February to introduce Jack to skiing! I am not a skier, but Matt is. Jack will get to take ski lessons there and hopefully he will love it! Henry and I will stay inside by the fire and hopefully catch up on some reading!

Not too many pictures to post. We did get a new table and chairs a couple of weeks ago. Now our dining room is filled with appropriate furniture, not toys! We also celebrated Matt's birthday! Mimi and Papa Ortman's birthdays are also this month. Happy Birthday!!

From 2010-1-10


From 2010-1-10
From 2010-1-10

From 2010-1-7


From 2010-1-7

No comments: